There are 3 Types Texas Veteran Loans:
Land, Home Improvement & Home Purchase
Land and Home Improvement Loans
These loan programs are originated directly from the Texas Veterans Land Board, not private lenders. For more information visit the Texas Veterans Land Board website.
Texas Veteran Mortgages for Home Purchases
Through this program, eligible Veterans living in Texas have an opportunity to purchase a home with an excellent low interest rate and little or no money down. The Texas Veterans Loan Program may be used to buy a home that meets these requirements:
- The home will be the Veteran’s primary residence.
- The home is located in the State of Texas.
- The home is a single family attached or detached home, town home, condominium or planned unit development.
- Duplexes or other multi-family units must have been constructed at least five years prior to closing.
- New construction homes must meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) guidelines for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, and must be ENERGY STAR® labeled and certified OR HAVE…
- A HERS Index Score of 75 or less following the RESNET National Home Energy Rating Standards and must have an energy rating Certificate that documents the HERS Index score of 75 or less.
Texas Vet & VA Loan Specialist Shirley Mueller
Since 2003 Shirley has originated well over 3000 Texas Veteran and VA Loans. She has helped Veterans in almost every possible circumstance including active duty personnel deployed overseas, returning home, with PCS orders, as well as separated and retiring Veterans. – Read More